Content comprises of a lot of things. The earliest meaning for content on the internet was most probably text. But in the 21st century, content applies to a number of things. Whether it be text, video, audio, etc., whatever you view or read on the world wide web comprises of content. Content is also read or viewed for different purposes. You as the reader or viewer are the audience. While for businesses, content allows them to attract customers to their services.
Now let us talk about another factor which affects content, especially for businesses in the 2000s. That is SEO content. To understand what SEO content means we must first break down SEO. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, and that in turn means a process which influences the online awareness of your website or webpage. Thus, SEO content is the one which utilizes strategies relating to SEO.
Many businesses know that having a website is the first step in gaining access to consumers online. But they should also be made aware that having a good-looking website is not the only aspect that will attract viewers to them. In this article, we mention those tips which will help you make the most out of SEO in terms of content.
Basic Points To Remembers
- Notice the difference between content and SEO Content: Imagine you are submitting an essay in an academic setting. Most of the marks you will gain for your style of writing, grammar, vocabulary, etc. Similarly, writing an article for the web with the afore-mentioned criteria is also worth composing. However, the main difference is that SEO content relies on a number of factors that boost your website’s online ranking, whereas content is simply writing a well-articulated article. SEO content comprises of a number of factors including proper usage of keywords, using a specific word count, inputting inbound and outbound links, etc.
- Develop a keyword strategy: Using keywords in an SEO article doesn’t mean mentioning the keyword more than a dozen times in the same article. Remember that a keyword is a phrase or word which is most likely to be browsed by someone on a search engine such as Google, Bing, etc. It is recommended that you always use a keyword within the context of your article, however, recent studies have shown that mentioning your keyword in your title might also be an effective method. Do remember to mention it again in your context as this makes for one sound strategy. But remember to use it appropriately. And not out of the blue. For example, if you are writing an article about Shawarma Place in Dubai then the keyword would be Shawarma but that doesn’t mean you should just input it anywhere in the context. The sentence should be able to complement the keyword as well.
- Quality over quantity: As mentioned earlier, even though an SEO-friendly article might not be akin to an essay, they do share one thing in common and that is emphasis on quality. No matter how many links you input, keywords you strategically utilise, it doesn’t matter if the quality of your content is poor. An indirect example is a YouTube channel. Suppose you make a video for each day of the first month your channel launches. No matter what the quantity, you will only get organic views if your quality matches with your quantity. Thus, even if by using SEO effectively your webpage is still low in ranking, you might want to re-read the article a few times before publishing it again.
- Follow a proper format: Just like any other written piece, there are certain instructions to follow to improve the legibility of your article. Besides the heading, you can use subheadings. Other than paragraphs, you can add bulleted lists or numbered lists in your context. Also, keep in mind not to use too many words in a sentence as the majority of your article might appear stuffed. Remember to utilize paragraphs as much as possible.
- There is a disparity between SEO and paid search: While SEO comprises of using strategies to ensure the webpage or website gains organic views, paid search comprises of promotion within the sponsored listings of a search engine and each time the sponsored link is clicked, the search engine is paid. Thus, SEO writers can also take advantage of this category. Utilize popular paid search keywords in your own articles to allow your webpage to rank higher in famous search engines. Furthermore, a business which has been utilizing SEO for a long while can afford to run both paid campaigns and SEO-centered campaigns simultaneously.
- Hire an organization: Running a website and writing SEO-friendly content in tandem is quite a difficult task. You also need to tend to the everyday business transactions as well. In the 2010s, SEO has become a profession. Hiring a Dubai digital agency has never been easier as they are in abundance in the city.
- Choose a worthwhile CMS: CMS stands for Content Management System which manages the creation and distribution of content. With so many Content Management Systems to choose from, it is imperative that you pick the right one. Even if you don’t get it right the first time around, you can always switch to a new one later on. WordPress is recommended to SEO beginners, while Drupal is considered one of the hardest to utilize, with Joomla’s difficulty ranging between that of WordPress and Drupal.